Wednesday 26 October 2011

Tune!

I know there are a lot of purists out there who would perish the thought of listening to music whilst running out on a mountain side, or anywhere else for that matter, but each to their own. I like having the company of the radio or some uplifting tunes to sing along to when I'm out and about.

For me music can make a good run an excellent run. Today is one of those days. I'm buzzing from my run today. My husband despairs because when it comes to running, I share the same musical taste as my 9 year old daughter. It's a guilty pleasure. I love a bit of really rubbish pop music to uplift me sometimes, and I can play the same track over and over and over again on repeat :0).

I was going to head up to the Lake District this week to recce some of the L100 course, but I changed my plans and decided to stay home.

I'm glad I did. The sun was shining today and I've been out for a run along the ridgeway this morning - my local trail. Lovely views up the Beacons in the north and over Cardiff Bay and over to the Devon coast, and all the way along I was singing on top of my voice, belting out Moves like Jagger (blush! I did warn that it was really rubbish pop music I sometimes favoured)!

Here's my run....(dances around the kitchen)...


 And some pictures....







No comments:

Post a Comment